According to a recent study from MarketingProfs, 87% of B2B marketers use social media platforms in their content marketing efforts. In fact, of 13 tactics proposed from the content marketing arsenal, social media was the most popular. But here we come to an important question – what social media network is the best for your social media campaign to reach the audience you need? There are a lot of them: Image-Based Networks (Pinterest), Video Networks (YouTube, Vine), LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
Read below and get to know how to determine which social network is the most useful for your business.
The first thing you should do is to find out what a particular network your audience is engaged and active with. Mostly, this is an obvious fact, because you should feel it intuitive, what social network is the most popular for your business area. Nevertheless, there are some factors which could help to determine what social media your audience uses:
- Draw your attention to growth rates of your company social profiles and use those which get the most traction.
- Which profile has the most followers or engagement? Engagement, in the forms of shares and likes, is a more useful indicator of resonance.
- Identify what social activities drive people to visit your site and what traffic generates the highest number of visitors.
- Determine which networks are sending you valuable traffic for your potential customers. Analyze in details, how people are reading your content – are they just skipping all the text or reading all content and as a result become your customers.
What you have to do next is to decide which types of content is the most attractive to your potential customers and B2B partners. It is not surprising that this is the age of “content strategy” and “content marketing”. What‘s why you should carefully decide what content marketing is the best way to reach your audience. There are three major content types: visual, written and video.
When you have a decision which type of content is quite attractive and interesting to your potential business partners, you have to communicate messages in those ways – by creating video from „how-to“ videos to expert interviews. Video appeals to a different audience and provides an avenue for non-writers to create powerful, expert grade material. Using writtent content you can post updates in different formats according to a network’s guidelines. Finally, visual content includes everything from images on networks like Pinterest, infographics and other branded content.
To conclude, a recent Content Marketing Institute study gave a clear picture of what a successful B2B social media marketer would look like. The following statistics highlight the findings:
- 86% of B2B firms have a dedicated individual or agency to oversee their content marketing efforts
- They are active on an average of 7 platforms
- 91% use LinkedIn in their social marketing efforts (highest of all the social media channels)
- 85% use Twitter
- 81% use Facebook
What social media does work the best for you by helping to achieve your B2B goals?